Congratulations on deciding to get a new website for your business! However, you should know that it’s not just about finding the right expert on website design in Kansas City and just waiting for your website to be launched.
For one, your chosen web designer is going to require information about your business, your goals, and what you want from your website so they can build one that meets all your needs.
By having the information they need ready for your meeting, you can save a lot of time, get started on the project sooner, and avoid any hassles in the future.
Here are the things your web designer will need from you:
Information on Your Company
The following information should be gathered about your company or business:
- The legal name of the company and any aliases that might be used.
- The company’s address and contact information, including the address of your offices and the physical address of your business.
- The official registered business name and any aliases that might be used.
- The company’s legal status and the state in which it was registered.
- The number of employees in the company and the headcount of the company’s employees.
- The company owners, their positions and interest in the company, and their contact information.
- A description of the business nature of the company and any services provided.
- The products sold by the company and a list of the services offered.
- A statement of the company’s goals, objectives, and short-term and long-term plans.
- A list of all web design projects previously carried out by the business or its web designer.
Your business likely has a logo that represents it. If you don’t have one, now’s the time to get one. Designers generally need an SVG file of the logo.
Content for Your Website
Your web designer will need to know all the content you plan to feature on your new website.
This can include anything from contact information about your business to images or videos of your products and services to any text that will be featured on your website’s pages.
Your web designer will need to know how you want your website to look. They should know:
- How many pages you want on your website, and the purpose of each page
- If there will be any recurring content on your website
- What kind of web design style you want to use
- The look and feel you want your website to have
- If you already have any images, videos, or graphics, you want to use
- If you want to use any third-party integrations (such as Google Analytics, MailChimp, Salesforce, etc.)
Goals for Your Website
Knowing your goals and objectives for your website beforehand will help your web designer better understand what you’re looking for and make adjustments if needed.
There is one main goal you should have in mind: maximizing your own and your company’s profitability.
Once you’ve answered the questions above, you’ll be ready for your initial meeting with your web designer.
Getting a new website is exciting, but it’s also a big project that requires careful planning, a lot of work, and some initial investment.
As a small business owner, you can’t afford to make any mistakes or lose time waiting on results. You need to find a pro on website design in Kansas City who can create you a business website that will drive your company’s growth while also providing the online tools and services your customers want.
The key, then, is to thoroughly plan ahead and gather all the information you need to move forward with your new website. Doing so will help you achieve your website’s goals and objectives while taking the utmost care to make your website a brand that promotes your business in a positive manner.
If you are in need of services for website design in Kansas City, Fox Web Creations is here to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Contact our team of web designers today to set a meeting!